[Asterisk-Users] Re: Are there online forums instead of this email forum??

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Fri Apr 1 16:50:38 MST 2005

tony at softins.clara.co.uk (Tony Mountifield) writes:

> Yes, based on a standard install of the INN rpm in Red Hat or Fedora.
>
> I've just put together a page with a description and links to the two
> perl scripts used. See http://www.softins.co.uk/mail2news

Geez, right on time :) I just installed inn and was thinking about how
to glue it to mail. From what I learned through google, the whole matter
is not entirely trivial, so your effort is most welcome and highly
appreciated.

My mail setup differs slightly (postfix/cyrus, no procmail), so I'm not
entirely sure yet were to plug the mail->news feed, especially since I
don't want to do user specific filtering on the postfix side. Maybe via
cyrus/sieve ...

Those are minor issues though, apparently you got the ground pretty much
covered, so many thanks for that!

Incidentally, did you also already think about what it would need to make
such a server public, including posting? As I'm writing I'm beginning to
think this might even be not possible for various reasons, e.g. even if
one got news auth and list subscription synced, users would still get the
mail, too ... seems to need a pretty tight coupling between maling list and
news server. Hmmm ... anyway, we'll see, one step after the other :)

Regards, Bruno.