[Asterisk-Users] Strange DTA problem

Kerry Garrison kerryg at techdatapros.com
Fri Apr 1 16:46:24 MST 2005

I travel among about 5 different offices each day, as I get to each one, I
plug in a Packet8 DTA310 that has been upgraded to the latest firmware that
allows setting SIP settings. At most of these locations, the router is a
NearGear WGT624 and everything works great, however, at one location also
using a Netgear WGT624 v2 (the same as the others, all running the same
firmware rev) the DTA locks up solid within two - five seconds of being
plugged in. This has been tested with nothing else plugged into the router
except for internet access and the DTA310. At all other locations, this
connects to my remote Asterisk box perfectly. I realize that this use of a
DTA310 is by no means a supported configuration but other than this ONE
location, it has been working perfectly.

I am open to any suggestions at this point as I do spend 10 hours a week at
this location, it would be nice if it worked. The only other useful
information I can think of is that X-Lite does work perfectly at this
location so it "seems" as if its a problem with the router but again, I use
this identical configuration at multiple locations.

-Kerry