[Asterisk-Users] Are there online forums instead of this email

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Fri Apr 1 15:17:18 MST 2005

On Fri, April 1, 2005 23:50, John Novack said:

> Francesco Peeters wrote:
>
>>On Fri, April 1, 2005 22:04, Tim Bass said:
>>

>>>Dear All,
>>>
>>>Thanks for your help :).   As I mentioned earlier, I don't have any
>>> issues
>>>with email, except that I thought most advanced communities had moved
>>> past
>>>

>><SNIPPED OFFENSIVE CONTENT>
>>

>>NOW SHUT UP TROLL!!!
>>
>>If all you can do is insult people then go troll some other list!
>>
>>People like you are one of the few things that can really make me angry!
>>
>>A message for you d00d: newer is not always better! Email is a point in
>>case: It's been there for a real long time, and will probably survive you
>>on the 'net!
>>
>>Sometimes the simplest tools are the best ones!
>>
>>If people don't agree with you, live with it, don't harass or insult
>> them!
>>You are going against each and every of your sacred forum community rules
>>on this maillist... How would people out there respond if they knew one
>> of
>>their great and holy moderators (or whatever you're out there) is
>>misbehaving like a spoiled little brad on a maillist here, just because
>> he
>>can't have things his way!
>>
>>GROW UP!
>>
> A clear case of the pot calling the kettle black
>
> One more rude social misfit to put in the "discard" filter
>
> JN

I beg to differ... (But then again, I'd be biased!)
I have politely replied several times, stating my arguments, but there is
a point one goes too far! TB crossed that line a bit back already, and I
still contained my anger, but acting as if all of us mail list
users/protagonists are redneck zero-IQ morons just had to trigger a
response... (And he must have known it! He has been doing nothing but
Trolling since the first moment his forum propaganda - which, for the
record, I'll admit he did NOT start, but gladly continued - was shot down)
I happened to be the first to respond, but others have already expressed
agreement on and off list...

And even in my response I refrained from profanities, something TB
apparently could not, judging from the other post I just saw appear on
list!

Or were you referring to yourself? As calling someone you do not know a
'rude social misfit' can only automatically qualify you for the same
label... Will you put yourself in the discard filter too?

I'll gladly shut up about this, and would have not said anything about
this anymore, if not for your - totally off the mark - post...

*I* don't go around joining maillists and then almost immediately start
stressing how old-fashioned and dinosaurian they are (Why join one anyway
if you detest them and prefer forums, of which there are already several
as well?) and subsequently start insulting the pre-existing members!

What I *did* do was try to learn and make useful contributions, which this
thread absolutely does NOT qualify for!

This is my last post - unless anybody else wishes to insult me as well,
which I'd prefer off-list, please, as not to further pollute the list - on
this topic.

*gets off of soap box*

PS: To the rest of the list: Sorry for continuing this thread!

--
Francesco Peeters
----