[Asterisk-Users] What's the use of a multi line phone?

Wiley Siler wsiler at education2020.com
Fri Apr 1 14:39:25 MST 2005

Well, in the Asterisk arena, it allows a few nice things...

If you are on one call, you can see your second call come in on a new
line and choose to put the current on hold and answer it or just ignore
it.  It allows you the ability to leave someone on hold at your station
while calling someone else.  Maybe to confirm a problem for someone but
not with them on the line for isntance.

Asteriskj is nice enough to allow you to turn this feature on or off at
the server (call Waiting) so you can have a 1 line phone or a multi line
phone at your choice.