[Asterisk-Users] Issues with ringing on FXS ports

Ian Pattison ianp at technologyassociates.ca
Fri Apr 1 12:13:47 MST 2005

I've got an Asterisk PBX with a Wildcard TDM400P (2x FXS, 2x FXO). When
I connect an older (circa 1984) Nortel Harmony phone - the first phone
Bell Canada offered with an electronic ringer as opposed to a bell - I
get normal ringing (sorry I don't know the REN rating of this phone...).
When I connect my personal cordless (VTech, 0.3 REN) I get normal
ringing. If I connect the GE cordless models I've been asked to use (0.1
REN) they normally will not ring... they light up and indicate there's
an incoming call and once or twice I've received 1/2 - 3/4 of a ring but
never a complete ring or multiple rings. When connected directly to my
incoming lines they ring normally.

Normally I'd assume this was a power problem but at 0.1 REN?? Any other
ideas I can try?

Thanks,

Ian

Ian Pattison, Senior Analyst