[Asterisk-Users] Re: Are there online forumsinstead ofthisemailforum??

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Fri Apr 1 09:10:46 MST 2005

Tim Bass wrote:

>Mr. Underwood,
>
>You might have noticed that I did not start this thread and simply am agreeing with the original poster.
>
>You might have noticed that I will not be shouted down and insulted to stop agreeing with the original poster.  In fact, if you don't like the thread, do not respond to it.

Unfortunately, there are a few ( well known to even short time list
members) sell appointed list police.bullies/definersof the
purposeofthislist who just won't have it any other way
They may contribute, but it is REALLY hard to determine that between all
the noise about Google, use the Wiki ( which in many subjects is so out
of date or just plain doesn't work as to bs next to useless) top
posting, trimming replies or HTML use..
Others have said that this list is no worse than many other, but that is
not my experience. These few rude bullies are many more in number than I
have seen on other lists. Perhaps it is due to the general computer
software field that  creates a class of people that can't relate well to
other people ?
It is unfortunate that these few mostly drown out  the ones that can
really help.
Best to just ignore them or filter out or delete their replies.

John Novack