[Asterisk-Users] LDAP and Asterisk

Rob Scott Rob_Scott at epam.com
Fri Apr 1 05:59:06 MST 2005

I am looking to roll out an Asterisk VoIP implementation to our 200
employees.
So far I have hooked up the Asterisk box to our Elmeg PBX via a PRI
interface card and have that working, plus about 30 test users on Xlite
softphones.

Up til now all the configuration has been done by hand editing
extensions.conf and sip.conf and voicemail.conf as needed. I would
rather this was kind of automatic - when a new user is created then
everything is already setup for them.

We are in a (horror of horrors) Microsoft environment running Windows
XP, Windows 2003 Server with AD and a sizable number of Sun and Linux
boxes for development (we are an IT development shop).

So what springs to mind is someone how connecting Asterisk to AD and
using some spare fields in AD to hold extension numbers and the like and
querying through an LDAP interface.
Kind of like Realtime but using LDAP.

Does anything like this currently exist?