[Asterisk-Users] Are there online forums instead of thisemailforum??

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Apr 1 05:41:16 MST 2005

On March 31, 2005 11:28 pm, Tim Bass wrote:
> The discussion should not be laced with profanity, you should treat this
> list and others like there are women on the list and try to be polite so
> everyone is comfortable.  Most professionals discuss matters in a way where
> everyone is comfortable to discuss.  There is nothing wrong with being
> polite, not using profanity, and being respectful of people with different
> opinions.

You would do well to follow your own rules.  I believe the only profanity I
used in my correspondence with you is the word 'arse' -- if that's enough to
get me moderated down in your 28-kilouser-strong community then I want no
part of it.

> Or, better yet, Digium should shut this list down and move it to a
> commercial vBulletin style forum and get some good moderators to delete
> posts that do not follow a basic set of social rules of behavior.   Here
> are the rules from UNIX.COM, and they work very well:

The rules don't look bad and they're very similar to the implied rules of any
mailing list (including this one), with the exception to you reserving the
right to remove any post you or any moderator sees fit.  No thanks, I don't
do well with censorship.  You don't happen to be one of those neighbourhood
czars who try and enforce what your neighbours can do with their homes in
order to protect your own property value, do you?

Again, there's no reason for this list to be shut down.  Asterisk has a link
to voip-info.org on its site and also has links to several other online
resources.  Why should your forum be any different?  If it really is better,
everyone will flock to it.

-A.