[Asterisk-Users] patlooptest: Usage, setup?

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Fri Apr 1 02:56:57 MST 2005

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:
> Does anyone know what I need to do to use patlooptest?  I have what I
> think is a T-1 loopback plug in the card (1-port, TE110P), but I still
> see a red alarm.  Is this normal?  I don't even know where to start for
> this.

 From Digium Support:

You will need to specify each span as "span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs".  You must
change the span number of course.

Then you will specify "clear=1-24" for a T1 or "clear=1-31" for an E1.

The only other options you should have in your zaptel.conf is loadzone
and defaultzone.  It does not matter what these are set to.

Then you will have to reload the zaptel kernel modules.

Run "make tests" in your zaptel source directory.

You will need a T1 loopback cable plugged into the back of the card.
Once the T1 loopback cable is installed the span should go green.  You
may check the status by using zttool.  If the span is not green then
your T1 loopback cable is faulty.  You can make a T1 loopback cable
using wires 1 to 4 and 2 to 5.

You will run "./patlooptest /dev/zap/1 180".  The 180 is the length in
seconds that the test will run.  /dev/zap/1 is the first clear channel
on this span.  If you wish to test a second span then you would start
with the first clear channel of that span.  Span 2 would start at
/dev/zap/25 on a T1.

patlooptest will only output on errors.

Disregard any errors the first 15 seconds of the test.  Very few errors
over a long period of time are normal.