[Asterisk-Users] Problems getting FXO channel working - Unable to create channel of type 'Zap' (cause 0)

Mark van Kerkwyk mark at vk.net
Fri Apr 1 01:59:21 MST 2005

Hi, I have searched around as much as I can and can't find any good info to
help me try this problem. I have added a FXO card to my server and from
everything I can see, I have configured it right. *Obviously not*

Below is my config, any ideas on troubleshooting this ?

regards

Mark

*CLI> dial 0123 at homecontext
   -- Executing Dial("OSS/dsp", "Zap/g1/123") in new stack
Apr  1 10:17:59 NOTICE[950]: app_dial.c:960 dial_exec_full: Unable to
 create channel of type 'Zap' (cause 0)
 == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)
 == Auto fallthrough, channel 'OSS/dsp' status is 'CHANUNAVAIL'

*CLI> zap show channels
  Chan Extension  Context         Language   MusicOnHold
pseudo            homecontext
     1            homecontext

[root at fred asterisk]# ztcfg -vv

Zaptel Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)

1 channels configured.

[root at fred asterisk]# cat ../zaptel.conf
fxsks=1
loadzone=uk
defaultzone=uk

[root at fred asterisk]# cat zapata.conf
[channels]

busydetect=1
busycount=7

relaxdtmf=yes
callwaiting=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes

usecallerid=yes

echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes

rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0

group=1
pickupgroup=1-4

immediate=no

context=homecontext

signalling=fxs_ks
callerid=asreceived
channel=1

[root at fred asterisk]#cat extensions.conf
[globals]
CONSOLE=Console/dsp                             ; Console interface for
demo
IAXINFO=guest                                   ; IAXtel username/password
TRUNK=Zap/g1                                    ; Trunk interface

 [homecontext]
exten => _0.,1, Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN:1})