[Asterisk-Users] Are there online forums instead of thisemailforum??

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Fri Apr 1 00:37:08 MST 2005

>Or, better yet, Digium should shut this list down and move it to a
>commercial vBulletin style forum and get some good moderators to delete
>posts that do not follow a basic set of social rules of behavior.   Here are
>the rules from UNIX.COM, and they work very well:

Because *you* think forums are better shouln't mean *I* should be
deprived of a tool I like.

I have more messages in my mailbox than on your entire site. I can
search them just fine and I don't need to connect to your crappy site to
find them back. I can organize them how I want. I have immediate access
to the information which I wouldn't if it were on your site and you were
defaced by some script-kiddy attack.

So here's some rules for you.

>SIMPLE RULES OF THE UNIX FORUMS:
>
>(1) No flames, shouting (all caps), sarcasm, bullying, profanity or arrogant
>posts.

You're definitely being arrogant with your "I know better because I have
a cool domain name website" attitude.

Also you started a flame.

>(2) No negative comments about others or impolite remarks. Be patient.

Same as above apply.

>(3) Refrain from idle chatter that does not contribute to the knowledge
>base.

Same as above apply.

>(4) Do not 'bump up' questions if they are not answered promptly. No
>duplicate or cross-posting and do not report a post where your goal is to
>get an answer more quickly.

Same as above apply. Asking repeatedly for the list to be taken down so
that you can add another forum to your site is not going to make it happen.

>(5) Search the forums database with your keywords before asking.

Same as above apply. You could have searched the mail archived and you
would have seen that this subject has been brought up already.

>(8) No BSD vs. Linux vs. Windows or similar threads.

No mailing list vs web forum or similar threads. Thanks.

>(9) Edit your posts if you see spelling or grammar errors (don't write in
>cyberchat or cyberpunk style). English only.

Edit your post if you see complete non sense.

>(12) The forum administrators reserve the right to prune, move or edit posts
>that do not adhere to the rules or are technically inaccurate.
>
>(13) The forum administrators reserve the right remove users or change their
>posting status to read only without notice if any rules are not followed.
>
>(14) No smoking in the forums.

Don't try to impose your stupid rules on a community which is doing just
fine without them. Thanks.

--
Ykoz Un Max - La VoIP en pré-payé!
Essayez gratuitement - 5 crédits offerts.