[Asterisk-Users] Preserve g729 registration over reinstall??

Fri Apr 1 00:31:30 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 13:43 -0800, Mike Matthews wrote:
> I purchased the g729 codec from Digium.  Every time I reinstall
> Asterisk (or Linux) I naturally lose the registration. Digium only
> allows one reinstallation without calling them which is a nusance for
> both them and me. Is there any way to preserve the registration across
> a reinstall?  Perhaps by backing up a directory or a file? Any help
> appreciated.

Keep in mind that the limit of 2 is only if you are registering to
different MAC address. So a re-install on the same hardware will
preserve the MAC address, and therefore still only count as 'one'
registration....

Says me who has registered once, re-installed once, and therefore could
be quite wrong....

Regards,
Adam

Adam Goryachev