[Asterisk-Users] Are there online forums instead of thisemailforum??

Francesco Peeters (signed) Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Fri Apr 1 00:00:03 MST 2005

On Fri, April 1, 2005 6:28, Tim Bass said:

> This list certainly needs a moderator.
>
> The discussion should not be laced with profanity, you should treat this
> list and others like there are women on the list and try to be polite so
> everyone is comfortable.  Most professionals discuss matters in a way
> where
> everyone is comfortable to discuss.  There is nothing wrong with being
> polite, not using profanity, and being respectful of people with different
> opinions.
>
> Or, better yet, Digium should shut this list down and move it to a
> commercial vBulletin style forum and get some good moderators to delete
> posts that do not follow a basic set of social rules of behavior.   Here
> are
> the rules from UNIX.COM, and they work very well:
<VERY BIG SNIP>

Bass, Dude, we've been polite for a long time, but if *you* keep pushing
*your* opinionated view of how the world should be according to *you* down
*our* throats, then *you* are asking for profanity, impoliteness, etc.

Your intolerance of other opinions, and unwillingness to even accept the
possibility of *you* being wrong makes me nauseous! Unfortunately
experience shows that every list must have on or two of those at least,
but I do not have to like it!

Do us a favor and put your money where your mouth is (I believe you've
already been challenged to do so for a few times now!) and SET UP A FORUM,
LET US KNOW ABOUT IT AND THEN SHUT UP!
(BTW: I realize that this post probably reduces my chance to access them
to zero, if your moderating is similar to your behavior on this list so
far! OTOH I am not sure whether I am really sorry about that at this
time!)

I could killfile you in either my mailserver, my filter rules or my email
client of choice, but your opinionated posts will get to me regardless
because good people are wasting bandwidth and time by replying to you
(like I am doing now! Not that I am claiming to be one of the good people
or experts... I am an * n00b when it comes down to it, but over 20, almost
30 years of Internet use make me think I do have a claim to some
experience on that front!)

The simple fact: Apparently a majority here disagrees with you!

Get over it and move on!

--
Francesco Peeters
----