[Asterisk-Users] FXO/FXS card

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Thu Sep 30 15:39:37 MST 2004

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
> Henry Devito wrote:
>> Hi,  I thought I remember seeing somewhere on the Asterisk website a
>> card that had 16 ports fxo or fxs, that was user selectable with
>> straps on the card.  Am I going crazy,  I can't seem to find it now.
>

> I think you're talking about the Voicetronix 12 port. Voicetronix says
> it works with Asterisk but I never tried myself..
>
> http://www.voicetronix.com.au/hda.htm
>
> Gilad

Does anyone actually use this card in Asterisk.  For some reason I don't get
a warm fuzzy feeling about their Asterisk support.

I think Digium should look at filling this market segment.  There are lots
of small businesses that are in the 12 FXS/FXO space and Asterisk is a great
fit for them.  I also like the feature that allows you to link one of the
FXO ports to an FXS port in the event of power failure.

The quote I got from a distributor in Canada was about 1500 US$ for the 12
port.  So it makes it cheaper to go with the TDM4xx cards, but then you have
the IRQ sharing and other problems that seem to exist when you try adding a
bunch to a system.

Have a great day!

Geoff