[Asterisk-Users] Re: Confused of London - How to associate zapchannels to extensions

Asterisk asterisk at dotr.com
Thu Sep 30 11:55:48 MST 2004

Ooooh, I've got it working a treat, thanks to some great help from people on
this list. I *am* currently writing up a how to, and will post it as soon as
I'm done.

Basically, take the line from the meridian, and chop the rj45 off. (!) put
another RJ45 on, but with the wires crossed (IOW a cross over cable). Plug
the meridian into span 2 of the TE405. Take another cable, and plug from
span 1 of the TE405 into the  PRI line.

Make span 1 think it's a  pri_cpe , and span 2 a  pri_net and you're
laughing. Define zap/g1 as the list of channels on span 1, zap/g2 as the
list of channels on span 2, and

Dial(ZAP/g1/ExternalNumber) to dial the outside world, and
Dial(ZAP/g2/Extension) to dial an extension on the meridian.

Julian.