[Asterisk-Users] Re: Confused of London - How to associate zapchannels to extensions

Asterisk asterisk at dotr.com
Thu Sep 30 11:38:10 MST 2004

> if you are setting up station side T-1 then your zaptel.conf and
> zapata.conf
> would define the signalling parameters for each of the channels, B &
> D-channels for the ISDN ZAP group, and FXS for the defined stations off of
> the TE405.  then your channel bank would break out the individual channels
> into a channel you can terminate to an analog telephone.

Well, no, not really - the "station" is actually the primary isdn card of
the meridian pbx:

Originally we had

10 Channels isdn30<-->pbx<-->32 users (digital extensions)

We shoved * into the middle

10 Channels isdn30<-->*<-->pbx<-->32 users (digital extensions)

so, we have 32 digitial extensions running into the pbx, and from the pbx we
have a 10 channel pri card into the te405

> so is ZAP/g1 the tie line to the meridian?  is extension 4321 an extension
> on the meridian or on *.

Yes, ZAP/g1 is the group of lines to the meridian. 4321 is an extension on
the meridian.

>If you need to know the status of individual ZAP
> extensions then your zaptel.conf and zapata.conf will require that you
> physically map a channel to an extension and alter the dialing to

That's what I was afraid of - we have more extensions than channels ...

Thanks for your help.

Now - does anyone know if a pri card for the meridian is limited to 32
channels (max) or is it the isdn pri line that is limited ? IOW, can I
define 64 channels into the pri card from * , and 10 channels from * into
the isdn pri line ?

Julian.