[Asterisk-Users] Budgetone problem

Gilad Ben-Yossef gilad at codefidence.com
Thu Sep 30 09:56:30 MST 2004

Joe Phillips wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 23:50, Steve Maroney wrote:
>
>>I have a problem with my BudgeTone. It ignores calls after being online
>>with my asterisk server for an extended period of time. I know this
>>problem has been posted on this list before. Honestly, I searched the
>>archives but couldn't find the previous posts. Was there ever a solution to this problem ?
>>
>>My firmware version is the latest: 1.0.5.11.
>

> Steve,
>
> I had problems with my Budgetone 100's 'hanging' almost daily.  They
> stopped being responsive and required a powercycle to come to life
> again.
>
> recently (within the last 2 weeks) I tweaked a setting on the phone and
> haven't seen a problem since.  What I did was turn off the "SUBSCRIBE
> for MWI" feature.
>
> I don't know if it will solve your problem, or that it's the correct
> setting but it seems to work here.

I second that and even have a hint as to why - when the phone becomes un
responsive, "sip show peers" shows the phone entry without an IP field.

It seems that when the phone registers for MWI, it somehow munges the IP
information.

Anyway, the really funny thing is that even wish subscribe for MWI
turned off in the phine I STILL get message waiting notification... :-)

Hope this helps,
Gilad