[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 1.00 Call quality problem

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Thu Sep 30 09:26:23 MST 2004

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Nick Cobley wrote:

> Still the case here is that it only occurs on the Cisco for some
> reason. What I did notice during my testing was this. By doing iax2
> show channels during the call, I could watch the jitter (not
> jitterbuffer) value slowly go down from aroudn 30ms to 0ms. The start
> of the call was absolutely fine, but once it hit 0ms it was inaudable.

The jitter is always measured - whether the jitterbuffer is being used or
not.  But if you've turned it off then it will have no effect on the call
one way or the other.  You can tell by seeing the time under JitBuf
heading stay 000ms.

It was a flying guess as to your problem and looks like it was wrong.

Steve