[Asterisk-Users] American vs English

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Sep 30 04:39:45 MST 2004

Hi!

> OK, someone suggested I take a look at the sounds.txt file that comes
> with the CVS download. I did and boy is it different to the WIKI! It is
> not perfect however.
[...]
> Can I put my neck on the block here and ask that I take on the job of
> managing all the so called "standard" files and file names. I'm also
> gonna update the WIKI with the links to my site where I have parked the
> relevant scripts in both English and American

That would be great, Mark! I've made a similar experience where keeping
up with voicemail changes for the German translation turned out to be
permanent detective work... the way sound files are currently (un-)
managed makes it very hard to keep localized sound sets in sync. I'd
really appreciate a more solid approach here.

Cheers, Philipp