[Asterisk-Users] sipfriends in MySQL question/request

Vahan Yerkanian vahan at arminco.com
Thu Sep 30 02:16:45 MST 2004

Greetings,

Is there a way to tie a specific sip username to a IP address when
authenticating against mysql sipfriends table? (USE_MYSQL_FRIENDS=1
USE_SIP_MYSQL_FRIENDS=1 in channels/Makefile)

The reason is that I'm using Wellgate FXSes that have
second/third/fourth FXS ports bugged when I use a password, but work ok
when there is no password. Linking the username to a specific ip could
be some kind of security measure so noone could masquarade as that username.

what i want is something like what we have in sip.conf:

[username]
host=dynamic ; <--- this one, we can put IP here instead of 'dynamic'

regards,
Vahan