[Asterisk-Users] * and Fax

Stuart Anderson stuart.anderson at tpg.com.au
Wed Sep 29 23:35:44 MST 2004

Howdy,

I would very much like the 'soft' fax functionality described.

The list of features that would interest me:
1) 'soft' fax receiption/transmission.
2) fax routing between * boxes as something other than a 'voice' call, ie.
email, file transfer, etc.
3) 'soft' fax/modem interface for windows that links to a * box (so that all
the modem/faxing software that exists on windows can be used for calls via
*). Anyone else interested in this?

I am currently pursuing the idea of setting up a desktop faxing business in
Australia (if anyone is interested in sharing their experiences in this area
I would appreciate it greatly). I am interested in * faxing capabilities as
voip is considerable cheaper than fixed pstn.

Likewise I am more than willing to devote some testing/documentation time if
that helps. I'm not a linux/C programmer either (though, if anyone wishes to
rewrite * as a .Net assembly...).

Regards,

Stuart.