[Asterisk-Users] mpg123 doesn't like me

niles at atheos.net niles at atheos.net
Wed Sep 29 14:06:37 MST 2004

I've having a problem with asterisk & mpg123 lately, that presents
itself after asterisk has been running for a few hours.
The machine is a quad xeon 450 with 1Gig ram running Slackware 10,
Asterisk 1.0,
and mpg123-pre0.59s compiled from source.

The voicemail messages & any other audio that is played back by asterisk
becomes extremely distorted and garbled. Then, when I check on the
resources,
I notice mpg123 taking up all available resources!

21475 root      19   0  2660 2656  2476 R    99.9  0.2  46:05   1 mpg123

99.9% -  and it doesn't stop after shutting down asterisk. I must
manually
kill all instances of mpg123 and restart to get things back to normal.

Interested in knowing if anyone else has this issue, and what can be
done to
resolve it.

Niles