[Asterisk-Users] 3com 3102 SIP Phone

Jared Valentine hidden at xmission.com
Wed Sep 29 09:10:11 MST 2004

As I've heard from 3Com, this is a SIP phone, but doesn't have enough flash
memory to hold SIP code.  For it to work in a SIP environment, it needs a
"downloader service" running on a separate Linux server to get the SIP code
into the phone's RAM.  Once the code is there, then it will work in a SIP
environment.

This downloader service is part of 3Com's VCX call controller - but I've not
seen it out there available for download anywhere.

Jared Valentine
hidden at xmission.com