[Asterisk-Users] Credit Card machines / interop

Michael Bielicki cypromis at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 08:40:23 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Alex Barnes <abarnes at ubiquitysoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:21:10 +0100
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Credit Card machines / interop
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com

Hi all,

One of the areas I am trying to research before I can confidently
start deploying Asterisk is "Credit Card Machines". (PDQ / Streamline
machines / any similar)

I'm talking about the credit card swipe boxes at point of sale desks.
I believe they dial out to the specific bank provider everytime a card
is swiped.

My question is:

- Does anyone have any experience using these type of devices with
Asterisk, possibly with a SIPURA type SIP device.
- If not, is my assumption that at the very worst I will just have to
connect them to a FXS port on the * and that should let the device
break out onto the ISDN E1 line?

-- snip --

Could you limit your signature a bit ?
Anyway what you suggest should work, since if using alaw or alaw
faxing even works. So I think an ata setup like you described should
work fine.

--
Michael Bielicki