[Asterisk-Users] Credit Card machines / interop

William L. Thomson Jr. support at obsidian-studios.com
Wed Sep 29 08:28:02 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 11:01, Alex Barnes wrote:
> The object wasn't really to try to reduce costs by passing the call
> over VOIP but since a possible deployment will not have a channel bank
> other old school PBX type things I still need a way to connect these
> Credit Cards machines to the ISDN line via the *.

I am facing a similar issue with CC machines. Seems the only choice is
either 1-4 port FXS card or analog to VOIP adapters.

When I spoke to Digium they said they were not sure if the FXS cards
would work for analog cc machines. It might but they would not guaranty
it.

So it's seems the pricey analog to voip will have to be purchased in our
case until something else can be done about the cc situation.

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.