[Asterisk-Users] music on transfer

Wiley E. Siler wsiler at e2020inc.com
Wed Sep 29 08:04:03 MST 2004

Of course, it all depends on phone/Asterisk configuration on how you get
your transfer done and via what buttons.  However, for most, # then
number will initiate a blind transfer which is controlled by Asterisk,
where as the Transfer button on the phone will put the caller on hold
(causing MOH), and open a second SIP call to the person we will be
transferring too.  In this way, consultative transfers are controlled by
the phone itself.  It controlls the two "lines", it automatically sets
one call on hold, it sends the request when you are ready to initate a
transfer from one to the next, etc, etc, etc...

  _____