[Asterisk-Users] PRI D-channel signalling error? "Ring requested onchannel 0/1 a lready in use on span 1. Hanging up owner."

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Wed Sep 29 00:23:18 MST 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, David Boyd wrote:

> [...]

The q931 specification (5.7) seems to say that there can be a conflict of
channels, if both the cpe and the net selects the same B channel for one
call each at the same time. I guess this can be prevented if the cpe
allows the net to select the B channel for the outgoing calls (Any Channel
Acceptable).

Barring that, a contention can occur and is handled by the cpe side
clearing its still unconnected call. The cpe side could retry the call on
a different B channel at that point.

>From q very quick look at chan_zap and the messages from a pri intense
debug it seems that Asterisk selects a B channel and requests that
particular channel from the net.

For the normal isdn configuration (the net hunts from low channels, the
cpe hunts from high channels) there should rarely be a collision unless
the trunk is close to saturation, in which case congestion _is_ the
correct result.

Peter