[Asterisk-Users] ASTERISK loosing it.. stops responding to commands on TERMINAL

James Gardiner asterisk at crafted.com.au
Tue Sep 28 17:26:05 MST 2004

Hello All,

I have an install of asterisk that appears to work fine but every week or
so..

Dies in the arse.  For example,  its still running, however, everything
stops working.

For example, I do a "restarte gracefully" every night at 4am.

However, this does nothing as the under "asterisk -r" once it gets into this
MODE, it no longer accepts commands.  Ie, you type them in, it comes back
with a prompt, but nothing happens.

The system is kinda still working in some ways with debugging into still
coming out, but no real calls can go through the system, Zap, IAX , SIP.

Everything stops.

I have the SAME compile running on 2 other systems, one the same hardware,
(Apart from the error system running a Celeron 2GH and the other a 2.4P4)

The other systems have not shown this problem, however, they have far less
traffic.

I have decided to hard reboot every night, but this is not a great solution.

Has anyone seen this?

Was considering going to the latest CVS..  CURRENTLY at
CVS-HEAD-07/07/04-19:32:13

Thanks for your comments.

James