[Asterisk-Users] Help with fax dial plan

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Tue Sep 28 14:44:39 MST 2004

On 2004.09.28 14:18 John Hill wrote:
> I am getting pounded by junk faxes. I have noticed that all of them
> have no
> callerid. Can I set up a dial plan to ignore a fax if no callerid is
> sent? I
> am using RxFax (spandsp) on an x100p card.

I think that you'll find that blocking faxes with no caller id will
produce false positives for you - you'll block some valid faxes.

I don't know if RxFax supports call rejection based on TSI information
(HylaFAX supports this), but that could work when there is no caller id.

The caller will usually let the line ring for 30 seconds or more.  You
may be able to free up your line more quickly by answering and then
promptly disconnecting.

Lee.