[Asterisk-Users] Unable to open pseudo channel

Lewis Shobbrook lshobbrook at fasttrack.net.au
Tue Sep 28 00:11:16 MST 2004

Hi All,

I've had a great time exploring * on & off over the past month and have
had a deal of success, very impressed with this product...

I have an issue on a debian unstable system with the zap interface.
I've compiled and loaded the ztdummy successfully, but when attempting
to connect to a conference room I get failure.  I get the error
chan_zap.c:757 zt_open: Unable to open '/dev/zap/pseudo': Permission
denied

The real issue is that the
/dev/zap/pseudo is really a symbolic link to /boot/pseudo which isn't
there.

Can anyone tell me where it ought be linked, or if I need to mknod etc
to create the virtual device?

Cheers,

Lewis