[Asterisk-Users] RE: SIP Registration Timeout, No FW

Kai-Uwe Jensen kuj at cojensen.net
Mon Sep 27 16:06:54 MST 2004

 Nope, I'm sitting behind a router/firewall, with port forwarding enabled.
 Also using "externip = my.dyndns.hostname", automatically updated by the
 router.

 That should not be relevant, though, in this case. The syntax for a SIP
 register per the Wiki is

  register => user:secret:authuser@ ...

 You have it as "mynr:myuser:mypass@", or "user:authuser:secret@". Also,
 all sipgate needs is your 7-digit SIP ID plus the corresponding password
 (the one assigned by sipgate).

 On one of the German VoIP forums there was talk about the fact that in
 the peer definition "fromdomain=sipgate.net" *used* to work. However,
 sipgate did change that and apparently requires the fromdomain to be
 sipgate.de.

 The other thing in the debug that strikes me is that your local call IDs
 are tied to the loopback interface (127.0.0.1). I have no clue on whether
 that works or not, however I did include a "bindaddr" statement in my SIP
 [general] context. Here's what it reads:

 [general]
 disallow=all
 allow    = ulaw
 tos      = lowdelay
 port     = 5060
 bindaddr = 192.168.254.80 ; internal, non-natted IP address to bind to
 externip = my.dyndnsname.net
 localnet = 192.168.254.0/255.255.255.0
 srvlookup = no
 context  = from-sip