[Asterisk-Users] Sending DTMF after recording new voicemail

Nichols, Andrew anichols at itiusa.com
Mon Sep 27 13:23:33 MST 2004

I'm trying to use Asterisk for its voicemail capabilities while
interfacing with a legacy Toshiba PBX. Is there a way to have Asterisk
send a DTMF code to an extension to turn on the message waiting
indicator light?

When a user leaves a voicemail, I want Asterisk to pick up one of the
lines attached to it, and then dial #63<ext>, which is what sets the
message waiting indicator light in the Toshiba system. Conversely, I'd
like to be able to turn off the lamp by sending a different set of
digits to the extension when there are no new voicemails.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Andrew