[Asterisk-Users] Pass-thru port on X100P Clone

Aaron Martin listasterisk at comtek.co.nz
Mon Sep 27 12:35:52 MST 2004

I am using 2 X100P clone cards in my asterisk system, and have one phone line plugged into the 'line' port of each card.

On one of the cards, I also have a cable plugged into the 'phone' port and this cable is then connected to the modem on my PC so that I can use it for dial-up.

I thought that this would then allow me to do dial-up and at the same time it would lock the port so that the asterisk server would not be able to give this line to users for outbound calls.

However, when I connect to the internet, the asterisk server thinks that an incoming phone call is in place, so it answers the call.  This then causes my internet connection to get cut off.

Am I not meant to use the 'phone' port on these cards?  Do I just have to connect the dial-up modem 'upstream' of the asterisk server, and hope that no-one tries to make an outgoing call on that line while I am connected to the internet?