[Asterisk-Users] New to Asterisk, questions about IVR and MySQL integration

Fred Weston fred.weston at daytonawan.com
Mon Sep 27 11:21:58 MST 2004

Hello list,

  I am new to Asterisk and have a few questions, I hope you can tell me
if Asterisk can do what I need.  I'd like to create a simple IVR menu
that will allow people to enter prices using their telephone.  The goal
of my project is to create a central database of gasoline prices in my
area, which will be published online.

  I would like to have an automated system place a call to a gas station
to get their latest prices.  When the clerk answers the phone, they'd
hear a prerecorded message letting them know who's calling, and then
they'd be prompted to enter their prices.  Ideally, this information
would then be saved to a database.  This method would allow the database
to stay up to date without any intervention on my part.  Unfortunately,
I do not think a scenario where the stations call me to update their
prices would work.

Does anyone have comments for me?

Thank you