Cisco Downloads --> was --> Re: [Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 andAsterisk...not working...

Joshua M. Thompson funaho at jurai.org
Mon Sep 27 11:03:44 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 11:00 -0600, Marty Mastera wrote:

> I purchased a 2 year contract for the 7960 for $16.00 (I think a 1 year
> was $8, I can't remember) from http://www.ams.net
>
> The part number was CNT-SNT-CP7960.  This was in May - after a quick
> search of their website, I don't see that part listed today but I think
> I had trouble finding it on the website even back in May.  You may have
> luck calling them and asking about it.  The gentleman who helped me is
> Ray Canada 800-893-3660 x6113.

I'm pretty sure this was the place I tried to buy from a few months back
and they told me they weren't allowed to sell that part number (and then
proceeded to try to sell me a $90 contract instead.) After hunting
around for a week I ended up getting the firmware through another means
because nobody would sell it to me.

Someone who is authorized to sell this part really should spend a day
making a very simple web form to automate selling these licenses. A lot
of us out here with these phones would love to have legit access to
firmware if we could actually buy it.

--
Joshua M. Thompson <funaho at jurai.org>