[Asterisk-Users] Aastra/Sayson 480i

Ryan Butler rbutler at adiis.net
Mon Sep 27 10:25:06 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 11:06, Michael Graves wrote:
> I see from Astricon pics that the 480i  has been released. Anyone have
> this phone in the SIP version? Anyone know the pricing?
>
> Michael

Yes, I have this phone and have tried both SIP and MGCP.  I've been
waiting for a SIP update as the current one seems to lockup on me after
an unspecified time (not a minute or 15 minutes, probably in the hours
range)  Where the phone still responds, but it doesn't make or accept
any calls, a reboot makes it start working again.

I made sure I followed all the pertinent info in the wiki about not
trying to qualify it (have asterisk poke at it) and it still seems to be
rather "unstable"  The audio on the phone is good and it seems to work
pretty well when it is working.

I tried the MGCP version and it seems to work as well although I've only
had a small amount of time to work with it and I think there was some
gremlin in it as well but I don't remember what it was, its been a
couple weeks since I last used it.

Ryan Butler