[Asterisk-Users] Only Accept Call After Pressing a Key '#' or '*'

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Mon Sep 27 09:38:29 MST 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Vladyslav wrote:

> Hi!
> I'm also interested in implementing such functionality on my *.
> There is an example on the site below, but unfortunately that doesn't
> work as depicted.
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Tips+follow+me

You may want to look into using AgentCallBackLogin, and defining a Queue
of numbers for that person w/ a strategy.

For example;

1. Caller calls in and enters users extension.
2. Message plays "Trying to locate user, please hold"
3. MOH starts
4. * calls all numbers in the queue in either ringall or sequential
   strategy.
5. End User's phone rings, he picks up and hits "#" to accept the call,
   or "*" to deny it.
6. Queue drops to VoiceMail if "*" is pressed.

This can all be easily accomplished w/ built in stuff in Asterisk:

queues.conf
[findme]
member => Agent/2165551212
member => Agent/4405551212
context => findme
strategy = ringall
timeout = 30
retry = 10

agents.conf
agent => 2165551212,1234,Gregory Boehnlein (Cell)
agent => 4405551212,1234,Gregory Boehnlein (Home)

extensions.conf
[findme]
exten => 1,1,BackGround(unavailable)
exten => 1,2,Voicemail(sfindme at default)

exten => 211,1,Answer
exten => 211,2,Wait,2
exten => 211,3,SetMusicOnHold(default)
exten => 211,4,DigitTimeout,2
exten => 211,5,BackGround(welcome)
exten => 211,6,Wait(1)
exten => 211,7,BackGround(connect-to-agent)
exten => 211,8,Queue(demo|Tt)
exten => *6,1,AgentCallbackLogin(@findme)	; to logout use empty ext
like #, then hangup

exten => t,1,Voicemail(ufindme at default)		; If they take too long,
drop to Voice Mail

exten => 2165551212,1,Dial(Zap/g1/2165551212)
exten => 4405551212,1,Dial(Zap/g1/4405551212)

Note.. this is all stuff for example.. it's bound to be broken, but it
shows the basic concept, which is using the Queues and Agents functions to
accomplish a basic find-me, follow-me.

The agent has to call in and log himself into the queue, by hitting *6 and
then entering their extension and password. This can be easily programmed
into a button on a Cell phone, for example, or a speed-dial on a home
phone to make it easier on the end user.

                             KP-216-121-ST