[Asterisk-Users] pri to voip

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Mon Sep 27 09:21:52 MST 2004

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004, Tom Wish wrote:

> I have a * serving 15 sip clients.  I use the digium 4 port t1 card.  We
> have an autodialer that calls and reminds clients of there appointment.  it
> uses a pri t1.  I would like to plug its t1 output into asterisk to use
> voip.  I am very new to * and am confused.  Any help would be appreciated.

This configuration should work nicely.

The TE405 port that the Auto-Dialer is plugged into should be configured
as "signalling=pri_net" in zapata.conf. This will let your auto dialer
talk to Asterisk as if it were the switch. The rest of it is going to be
berry berry specific to your configuration needs. E.G. signalling type,
line build out etc..

You might want to look at examples of connecting other PBX equipment to
Asterisk on the voip-info.org wiki.

Take a look at:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20Avaya

And: