[Asterisk-Users] TDM400 FXO outgoing call only

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Sep 27 08:11:06 MST 2004

> >> I have an analogue line connected to an FXO module on a TDM400. I
> want
> >> to use the FXO line only for outgoing calls - incoming calls are
> >> answered by other equipment, but even if I don't specify an "s"
> >> extension, the FXO module still seizes the line for all incoming
> >> calls. Is it possible to configure the FXO module to ignore ring
> >> events completely? Wiki resources etc have been no help...
> >
> > Not that I'm aware of, with the exception that you can define a
> dinstinctive ring that will never exist
> > and therefore will never pick up the line.
>
> Nice idea! This works a treat (as a nasty hack) - it falls back to the
> default context, which just happens not have an "s" extension like
> this...
>
>     -- Detected ring pattern: 247,159,0
>   == Starting Zap/3-1 at main-line-7711,s,1 failed so falling back to
> exten 's'
>   == Starting Zap/3-1 at main-line-7711,s,1 still failed so falling back
> to cont
> ext 'default'
> Sep 27 14:17:04 WARNING[19476]: pbx.c:1877 ast_pbx_run:  Channel
> 'Zap/3-1' sent
> into invalid extension 's' in context 'default', but no invalid handler

I would go one step further and _never_ have any contexts in your
entire system that uses a default context. Seems default things
always get in the way of understanding what is exactly happening,
and from a security perspective eliminating default "things" is
just one step towards securing the box.

Rich