[Asterisk-Users] voicemail notification

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Mon Sep 27 06:20:40 MST 2004

the externotify command calls an external script with command line
parameters each time a voice mail is left for anyone.  It's then up to your
program to decide if this mail message needs further processing.  For
instance call up qpage to send a text message via snpp.  Doesn't have to be
an email, just depends on if your pager/cellphone provider has a snpp
gateway either analog dialup or via the Internet.

I use qpage to send messages to my cell phone using a modem to bypass it's
Internet connection to tell me that the Internet connection is down at my
office.  It would be hard to use the Internet to make the notification when
the connection is gone...

It's certainly possible to use your cell phone's email address(if it has
one), but we are certainly spoiled by that.  Not everyone has that
capability and it was not that long ago that email to a cell phone was the
rare exception.

Lyle