[Asterisk-Users] Background call forwarding?

Paul R. Yaskowski paul at yaskowski.com
Sun Sep 26 18:06:10 MST 2004

What I'm looking to achieve:

Incoming calls to me extension will ring for 15 seconds. After that, I
want the calls to forward to my cell phone and attempt to get through
for another 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, I would like Asterisk to
timeout the call, and goto my Asterisk voicemail.

I've got the call forwarding down, but I'm using Nextel for cellular
service, which loves give callers the "Please wait while the Nextel
user is located" message.

What I'm looking for is a way to forward the call in the background,
playing music to the caller while it attempts to get me on the cell
phone. That way the caller will not even realize the call is being
forwarded.

Is it possible?

Paul