[Asterisk-Users] RE: CTI development

Sun Sep 26 17:09:07 MST 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 21:33, David Cook wrote:
> >Or what is it that you meant in particular?
> (Net-net version)
> Basically, a scratch-pad type area of ~2K that gets created/destroyed
> with every call and _follows_ the call for its life in the system. Olus
> the ability of a 3rd party computer application aka "softphone" to
> control the telephone appliation - this part we've got but still needs
> some modification for true CTI.

This can be done already, we can set a channel variable either through
the dialplan, or through AGI, or through the manager interface. We can
also read the variable with the same methods.
This provides your 'scratchpad'

All you need to add is the wind^h^h^h^Hclient side programming which can
read/write the value via the manager interface...

Also, of course, every call already has a UNIQUEID...

Regards,
Adam