[Asterisk-Users] Got SIP response 400 "Bad Request" ; Cisco 7940 inbound station/station call problem.

Mark Brad mark at mag-card.com
Sun Sep 26 01:55:26 MST 2004

Hello Everyone,

I've been struggling with this issue for about two days; hopefully it's
something trivial that has been overlooked.

Basically, I have a Cisco 7940 handset running the SIP 7.1 firmware, which
can place outbound calls to any destination, however

It can not receive calls from hard/soft phones on the network.

Inbound calls through the IVR (Zap channel) are correctly routed, phone
rings, no problems there.

All phones on the network are using the G711u codec, are on RFC1918 address
space, and do not traverse a firewall.

For the life of me, I can't seem to find a logical answer for this one.
Everything appears to be properly configured.

I've even tried with "canreinvite=yes" to see if the phones can talk
directly to each other with the same results.

Actual debugging output:

-- Executing Dial("SIP/4002-1c9e", "SIP/2000|20") in new stack

-- Called 2000

-- Got SIP response 400 "Bad Request" back from 192.168.1.100

== No one is available to answer at this time

Again, the problem is isolated to one specific handset, everything else
operates perfectly.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Regards,

Mark Brad

Global ID Systems