[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk <-> WellGate 3502a : ulaw/alaw only?

Vahan Yerkanian vahan at arminco.com
Sun Sep 26 00:41:19 MST 2004

Greetings,

I'm running latest * from CVS on FreeBSD 4.10 box. We've just bought
several WellGate 3502A FXSes to play with till welltech guys fix the
3504a's registration bug.

So far everything is working as expected, except the fact only ulaw and
alaw codecs work with *. If I add allow=gsm or allow=g723.1 in FXS's
ports entries in the sip.conf, no voice is heard from both sides after
the call is established.

Am I missing something here? WellTech claims to support even g729, and I
see those in the embedded website's codec priority page.

Is there something more to be done to enable g723.1/gsm codecs?

P.S. 3502A is also affected by the registration bug, if you connect a
phone to TEL2 jack and call someone, everything goes by the TEL1's
account/password...

regards,
Vahan Yerkanian