[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P FXO and Primus TalkBroadBand

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Sat Sep 25 20:55:19 MST 2004

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
> Ryan Courtnage wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> A while back, there was a short thread on using the FXS interface
>> from a Primus TalkBroadBand device (a DLink ATA) as a incoming line
>> for the FXO interface on the TDM400P:
>>
>> Primus <--> DLink ATA FXS <--> TDM400P FXO <--> Asterisk
>>
>> In that thread, a couple of people suggested that this does not work
>> reliably, and the ATA FXS <--> TDM FXO link 'goes dead'.
>>
>> Has anyone had any measure of success doing this?  Primus' service is
>> becoming very popular in Canada, and some customers are wanting to
>> do this.
>
> Not with Primus/Dlink, but I am having the same issue with by
> Vonage/Motorola.  I have not really looked into it yet, though.

I have been using for a few months and not very pleased with the result.  I
am ready to pack it in a try a different vendor.  Call quality varies and
frequently I get cut off, but I have to say the last weeks have been a lot
better in quality and I haven't been cut off so maybe they have made some
infrastructure improvements.

It doesn't matter I think you can get cheaper and probably better service
elsewhere.

I am still looking for the * friendly vendor that has it all, but it is hard
to find in Canada.

Have a great day!

Geoff