[Asterisk-Users] Non-PRI T1 configuration

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Sat Sep 25 17:03:00 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <lll at advancedcommunications.us>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2004 6:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Non-PRI T1 configuration

> >>SF framing is called d4 in the zaptel.conf.
> Thanks.

Don't forget this will be ami and not b8zs.  You have to use esf to get
b8zs.

> >>You say that you have it running into a channel bank now.  What type of
> >>channel units are in the channel bank?   That will tell us what type of
> >>signalling is on the channels.  There is more to the signalling/chan
type
> >>than you have learned about yet.
> I just have FXS cards in the channel bank. Does this mean I expect FXS
> signalling from the T1?  If not, what more do I need to ask the Telco?

Yes, you will need to emulate the function of the channel units in the
channel bank.  I would ask if the channels are loop or ground start. That is
not obvious from the type of channel unit.

> >>I am not sure on DNIS.  They may be just sending the callerid the same
way
> >>it's sent over a analog line.
> I'm not getting callerID, just DID.

I have not worked with that, but your dial plan then would just take the
incoming digits and do something with that information.  I have no
experience with DID to help with that piece.

> >>If it was my circuit and my pbx and migrating
> >>to *, I would want to convert this to an ISDN PRI.
> Yes, of course...and I am planning to do exactly that. But before going to
> that expense, I need to test my software (converted to AGI) under asterisk
> with what I've got now.

It will be somewhat different when you go to ISDN, btw.

Lyle

AGI