[Asterisk-Users] Absolutely minimal Asterisk PSTN gateway

Andy Powell andy at beagles-den.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 25 08:27:07 MST 2004

On 25/09/2004 at 14:31 Arik Funke wrote:

>Hello together,
>
>I am setting up a communication server which should also act a
>very-low-load PSTN gateway. I am usiing a AMD K6 200 running from a 500
>MB usb memory stick. What is the ABSOLUTE minimum space requirements for
>~ running asterisk to work as gateway between isdn and lan? 50MB or 1
>GB?(I would compile, configure, etc. on a separate machine and then copy
>everything to the flash device.)
>
>Cheers,
>Arik

You could start buy downloading my .iso (29mb bootable ) and use that as a basisis for your
system. I've already modified it for a CF card based system. Essentially it depends what sort
of interface to the pstn you want. E1/T1 and analog should work fine with my cd - but I've not built
it for use with CAPI or the QuadBRI cards...

you can grab it at http://www.automated.it/asterisk/

It's not v1 of * but I am trying to find the time to update to a newer CVS version, however I will only do that
once I'm happy running that particular version myself...

HTH

Andy