[Asterisk-Users] Help with dialing out with TDM400P

Christopher Lee chris at datachaos.com.au
Sat Sep 25 07:07:35 MST 2004

> Incoming calls work and the phone rings and can be answered
> no problems, (although I wouldn't mind being able to adjust
> the ring but that's not important), I can't ring out, I just
> get a busy signal and nothing comes up on the console. I am
> pretty sure its just a simple line missing from extensions.conf.

In your [internal] context try something like..

exten => _0.,1,Answer
exten => _0.,2,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN:1})
exten => _0.,3,Hangup

This way Asterisk will send all the digits dialled after the 0 to the
zaptel card and you should be dialing out. You may not need the
answer/hangup lines for your setup.

> 2.
>
> I am based in australia and when I have an incoming call with
> callerid turned on then I get the following error on console.
>
>     -- Zap/1-1 is ringing
> Sep 25 22:49:14 WARNING[-203428944]: chan_zap.c:3413 zt_handle_event:
> Didn't finish Caller-ID spill.  Cancelling.

I'm not sure if this is related with inbound CallerID on an FXO, but to
get Caller ID working on an FXS port I had to make this change to the
chan_zap.c file and recompile:-

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-August/057349.html

In /usr/src/asterisk/channels/chan_zap.c

#define DEFAULT_CIDRINGS 2

The default is 1.. Seems we need this set to 2 in Australia, I dare say
making this change might get the inbound caller ID working for you also.

Hope this helps,
Chris Lee