[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P Newbie configuration hell :-)

James Bean james at hdcs.com.au
Sat Sep 25 02:58:57 MST 2004

Sorry to post such a newb set of questions but I have been hammering
about trying to get Asterisk running on FC2 machine reading everything
available (I think that is what stuffed me, shouldn't have read it all
:-) ).

Config

FC2 running Asterisk 1.0.0, with the h323 compiled in and installed
correctly.

Amazingly enough I have everything compiled correctly and installed.

I am running a TDM400P, Port 1 FXS, Port 4 FXO.

I have my PSTN line plugged into 1 port and my Analogue phone plugged
into port 4 (I think that's right I get tone on the phone when I pick it
up and echo works).

/etc/zaptel.conf

fxols=1
fxsls=4
; Weird but I was told to have the fxols fxsls reverse to the actually
module
loadzone = au
defaultzone = au

/etc/zapata.conf

[channels]
context=default
switchtype=national
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
signalling=fxo_ls
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
context=internal
busydetect=yes
callerid="James Bean<690>"      ;assuming extension 690
mailbox=690                     ;stutter tone for voicemail - you can
use an optional context here
transfer=yes
channel=>1
group=2
signalling=fxs_ls
context=pstn
channel=>4

Extensions.conf

[internal]
exten => i,1,Playback(invalid)
exten => i,2,Hangup
exten => t,1,Hangup

exten => 099,1,Echo     ;simple echo test when you dial 099 on your
phone

[outgoing]

exten => _1XX,1,Dial(H323/${EXTEN}@192.168.254.250)     ; 1xx extension
to Salisbury
exten => _2XX,1,Dial(H323/${EXTEN}@192.168.20.250)      ; 2xx extension
to Marcoola
exten => 610,1,Dial(H323/${EXTEN}@192.168.30.250)  ; 610 to Jindalee
exten => 620,1,Dial(H323/${EXTEN}@192.168.40.250)  ; 620 to Batteryhill

exten => _54XXXXXX,1,Dial(H323/${EXTEN}@192.168.20.250) ; 54 to Marcoola
exten => _0754XXXXXX,1,Dial(H323/${EXTEN}@192.168.20.250)    ; 54 to
Marcoola

exten => _XXXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g2/${EXTEN})

H323.conf

[general]
port = 1720
bindaddr = 192.168.69.1
tos=lowdelay

disallow=all
allow=g723.1
allow=gsm

--------------------------------------

I can pick up the phone and ring 099 and echo works but if I dial
anything else I just get a busy signal with no errors on asterisk
-vvvvc, what I need is for ANY incoming calls to make the analogue phone
ring.

Outgoing calls that fit the rules use h323, everything else should pick
up the PSTN line and dial.

I again apologise for the mess and newbness (did I just invent a word),
I just need a kick start and get the basic stuff working before I start
playing.

Also, anyone had asterisk talking to OKI Voip like BV1250 units
working?, if so can you drop me an email.

James