[Asterisk-Users] Only Accept Call After Pressing a Key '#' or '*'

Chris Smales - Magenta Solutions chris.smales at magentasolutions.net
Sat Sep 25 03:48:39 MST 2004

I would like asterisk to dial an extension or external number but for
the call to only be connected after the called party presses a key.
Therefore been able to announce the call to the called party before
answering. I have had this working on queued calls but want to
incorporate this for standard dialled extensions.

Our use for this would to be able to divert a call to a users mobile but
only connect the call on the user answering the mobile phone and
pressing a key after the announcment of the call. I'm thinking this
would get around the problem of asterisk considering the call answered
when it actually goes to the mobile users voicemail. Therefore we could
have a dial plan that calls several mobile phones but only connects if
the user actualy acknowledges they have answered the call.

Is this possible on a standard dial command?

Thanks,

Chris